Claire Ownby is one of the most sought-after designers of luxury residential interiors and the founder of Ownby Design, LLC. Part designer, part innovator, part visionary, Claire draws inspiration from her studies, her extensive travels and her affinity for fine food and wine. With her unique fusion of minimalism and lavishness, Claire’s designs transform the spaces of everyday living into one-of-a-kind indulgences. Claire received her education in Interior Design from Arizona State University and Scottsdale Community College. While serving apprenticeships with Scottsdale-based residential and commercial design firms, Claire refined her talent and passion for luxurious interiors, and decided to start her own interior design firm in 1998.
Recent Case Studies View All
- Mediterranean Paradise in a...
- A place that spells fun, family and friendly
- Bathrooms, Bedrooms, Dining...
- Casual, Eclectic, Formal, Medite...
- 54% (577 of 1068 battles). Viewed 40798 times
- Island Fusion at Haulalai
- Celebrating Hawaii's tropical beauty
- Bathrooms, Bedrooms, Custom...
- Casual, Contemporary, Eclectic, ...
- 53% (496 of 929 battles). Viewed 134005 times
More About Me
- What professional accomplishments are you most proud of?
Claire was recently honored as the ASID Industry Partners’ Designer of the Year 2007, and the Ownby Design team has been recognized with numerous industry and community awards throughout the past several years for residential designs in both Arizona and the Hawaiian Islands.
- How would you characterize your philosophy towards design?
It’s a recipe for indulgence. Where passion for craftsmanship and true designer-client collaboration unite. It’s an unyielding dedication to innovative and fresh concepts. A thriving admiration for refined, natural materials. It’s what exists before anything else. It’s a philosophy for creating. It’s a philosophy for unparalleled design.
- Would you say you have a certain style?
Giving form to impossibilities. Clean lines spawning intimate, sophisticated spaces. A style uniquely fashioned from a combination of contemporary and transitional settings, yet a style realizing your desires. Where simplicity in approach thrives in tandem with organic and natural materials. It’s a multiple-style fusion. It’s purity through design.